Super Kitchen is a social eating consultancy service based on my amazing, funny, sometimes disastrous and always eye-opening journey of doing food differently. It's everything I have learned and all my dreams squidged into a mega pan of know-how. So I'm producing a toolkit that you can use and a brand you can buy into that shows you how-to, and most importantly- why to.
1) Super Kitchen is about doing food businesses differently. Quite simply we have a better model for doing food. We focus on a dish or two a day or a regularly changing, limited menu that pushes freshly made, made with love food that is better quality and a kitchen model that is easy to set up and run. Super Kitchen shows you how to set up social eating ventures in a way that is empowering and do-able.
I'll give you some step-by-step mini business plans that are clear and simple and which show you the pitfalls and how to avoid them. Super Kitchen is also a model you can use to change your existing food business for the better and it allows businesses to ask for Super Kitchens when they write tenders and set up food policies. All round food betterment; that's Super Kitchen.
2) Super Kitchen is about being resourceful and the one-pot or daily special model is incredibly good at making the most of what you have and using as much local, seasonal, fresh produce as possible and if you have a really social aim to your venture then I can show you how to get a community food asset and use it to run a number of food projects from. I'll show you an easy, fair way to share and maximise food resources in your community and let that food asset shape the way you socialise, teach and learn about food and run food businesses. I'll give you some microbusiness start-up ideas too... We all want to save food from being wasted and Super Kitchen shows you not only how to set up food-canny ventures but also empowers you to run food joints that use being resourceful as a customer-catcher. The Super Kitchen model is also a way to tackle and prevent food poverty. It is a way to access and distribute amazing, fresh, affordable food at a very low cost if needs be or just for donation. The alleviation of food poverty is a side-effect of doing food the Super Kitchen way.
3) Super Kitchen is about social spaces and setting them up around food. Where have our hang out spaces gone?! Let's get them set up around a big pan of scoff. There are spaces everywhere that need using and can be turned into pop up social spaces. Be resourceful, be creative and be empowered to set something up. We show you how easy and simple it can be. We wanna come and eat at your Super Kitchen! I dream of neighbourhoods with social eating joints, homemade take away services, awesome kids cookery lessons that show kids to cook without recipes just using what's around and a lively, thriving social eating culture in our society. Surely I'm not alone here!
I'm also going to do a ton of blogging (stop that groaning at the back! Over twenty people have read my blog I'll have you know!) and tell the story behind the scenes so you can not only be privy to my gaffes and motley brand of gritticisms but see what stuff I have overcome to get where I am today. As I've said before, I didn't land on this planet as a bad-ass, mega pan wielding chick. My journey is about striving to be of service to Life itself and the mission to create the flourishing society I believe we deserve. It's also about keeping on keeping on even when people say nay. It's about crying your eyes out, lying in bed fretting, the surfacing of fears and doubts, dealing with total wallies in non-violent ways and the struggle to kick personal negativities up the bwatty. Once you hear my story you'll know that if I can do it, then so can you, and you'll learn why its not about something 'out there', it's about the significant thing that happens inside of you when you decide to go for it.
- What do I need? I need paid work! Calling all philanthropists, funders, donors, givers and investors! I have a bad boy idea that will change our scoffscape for the better, the skills and tenacity to make it happen and the track record of delivery that makes me a sure thing to back. I need paid time to write up the toolkit and get my message out there. I need a team made up of a finance and admin worker, a budget for branding, illustrating and social media and an educational and engagement worker to develop the other bits of Super Kitchen that need specialist special things.
- If you want to become a Super Kitchen taste tester case study while we git this thang up and bubbling then let me know. We need you to document your journey so we can build a bank of stats to hit folks over the head with.
- So, I need paid time and a team to work this mega pan of social eating enterprise up to boiling point, a platform to screech at everyone from and a big man with a big beard to run me a hot bath when I get home from work.
Thanks Universe for all your help in making this bodacious plan bubble up and prosper...
ps. not sure where this ace picture came from so I use it without credit. Hit me up if you know who drew this...